HLRSC Sweepstakes Rules
(Updated January 2006)
1. Any club wishing to hold a Holland Lop Sweepstakes Show shall send a written request to the Sweepstakes chairperson of the HLRSC, and include $10 for an Open sanction, and/or $7 for a youth sanction request. They must include the ARBA Sanction number.
3. The sponsoring club must offer at least $10 or the equivalent of Best of Breed and at least $5 or the equivalent for Best Opposite of Breed.
- NOTE: If no animals are shown after a sanction is issued for the reasons listed in (a) or (b), a free sanction will be granted to your club if you follow the requirement listed below:
- (a) No Hollands were entered/shown, or
- (b) Your show was canceled for reasons beyond your control (i.e., bad weather, etc.)
Requirement: In order to comply, you must return your original sanction to the sweepstakes chairperson with a written explanation on the form.
- 2. The sponsoring club must print the name of the Holland Lop Rabbit Specialty Club, the HLRSC secretary and address, and the annual dues for adult, husband/wife, youth and family membership in the show catalog.
4. All show reports must be completed and returned to the Sweepstakes Chairperson within thirty (30) the show date.
The HLRSC Sweepstakes year shall run from January 1st of each year to December
31st of each year. (see **NOTE....Editor)
6. To qualify for sweepstakes points, the exhibitor must be a dues paying member of the HLRSC at the time of the show or must join prior to judging. Membership applications and dues may accompany the completed show report.
7. Sweepstakes points will be recorded and reported in the name the member used when joining HLRSC. Members showing in partnerships or under a rabbitry name need to notify the Sweepstakes Chairperson of this fact for points to be counted as such.
If any persons in a partnership show under single names, their points will be accumulated under their single name(s). The points will not be transferred or combined to the partnership name. It is your responsibility when entering a show to tell the show secretary if you are entering under a partnership name. Be consistent in how you enter shows. Use full names, initials, or partnership names in the same exact way each time you enter a show and ask the show secretary to be sure to record your entry in this manner. Partnerships that dissolve will need to notify the sweepstakes chairperson of this fact and the date on which the partnership was dissolved. The sweepstakes chairperson will not be expected to make changes to correct name errors.
AWARDS: Sweepstakes winners will be given awards at the ARBA Convention and also published in the Hollander. Awards will be given for first through fifth place in each HLRSC Zone and first through 20th place for overall sweepstakes point winners, both in Open and in Youth.
8. Youth points are only accumulated from Youth shows, and Open points are only accumulated from Open shows. Youth can also accumulate Open points in Open shows, but these points are not transferred to the youth contests. **A special award will be given each year to the highest placing youth in the Open sweepstakes.
9. Sweepstakes Points to be awarded as follows:
AWARDS: Quality point winners will be given awards at the ARBA Convention and also published in the Hollander. Awards will be given for first through third place in each HLRSC Zone and first through 20th place for overall Quality and Sweepstakes point winners.
- 1st place -- 6 points for each rabbit in the class
- 2nd place -- 4 points for each rabbit in the class
- 3rd place -- 3 points for each rabbit in the class
- 4th place -- 2 points for each rabbit in the class
- 5th place -- 1 point for each rabbit in the class
- Best of Breed -- 2 points for each rabbit shown in the breed
- Best Opp. Of Breed -- 1 point for each rabbit shown in the breed
- 10. Quality Points to be awarded as follows:
- Best of Breed -- 2 Quality points
- Best Opp. Of Breed -- 1 Quality point
- Best in Show -- 2 Quality points
- Best 4 Class -- 1 Quality point
- Best Reserve in Show -- 1 Quality point
- NOTE: In Holland Lop specialty shows, no Best in Show Quality points are given to the Best of Breed winner.
- 11. Herdsman Contest Points to be awarded as follows:
- (Open and Youth Division) 1 point for each DIFFERENT Holland winning Best or Best Opp. Of Breed.
(This contest indicates how many different Hollands a breeder has won Best or Best Opp. Of Breed with for the sweepstakes year.)
AWARD: The winner of the Herdsman contest will be featured in an article in the Hollander as Herdsman of the Year.
- 12. Top Lop Contest Points to be awarded as per the following guidelines:
- Top Lop points belong to the rabbit and are to be transferred with the rabbit if it is sold, assuming both owners are HLRSC members. However, Top Lop points earned by the rabbit will stay specific to the sweepstakes division they are won/earned in. Top Lop points earned by the rabbit in Open competition will be specific to the Open Sweepstakes and Top Lop points earned by the rabbit in Youth competition will be kept specific to the Youth Sweepstakes. The Top Lop points earned cannot be combined or transferred to a different division other than the division they were won/earned in. When an animal in the Top Lop standings is sold, the new owner must notify the sweepstakes chairperson in writing which includes the previous owner's signature.
Top Lop Points are to be awarded as follows:
Best of Breed -- 2 points x the number of animals shown
Best Opp. Of Breed -- 1 point x the number of animals shown
The double point rule for ARBA Convention and National Show does not apply to the Top Lop contest.
AWARD: the Top 10 Lops will be featured and pictured in the Hollander.
- 13. To stimulate interest in ARBA Conventions and HLRSC National Shows, the following point structure applies for these events:
- 1st place -- 12 points for each rabbit in the class
- 2nd place -- 10 points for each rabbit in the class
- 3rd place -- 9 points for each rabbit in the class
- 4th place -- 8 points for each rabbit in the class
- 5th place -- 7 points for each rabbit in the class
- 6th place -- 6 points for each rabbit in the class
- 7th place -- 5 points for each rabbit in the class
- 8th place -- 4 points for each rabbit in the class
- 9th place -- 3 points for each rabbit in the class
- 10th place -- 2 points for each rabbit in the class
- Other special points to be calculated as follows for ARBA Conventions and HLRSC National Shows:
- Best of Breed -- 4 x the number of rabbits in the breed, plus 4 Quality points
- Best Opp. Of Breed -- 2 x the number of rabbits in the breed, plus 2 Quality points
- Best Display -- To include placement points only of all classes.
- 14. Any questions regarding any sweepstakes contest should be addressed to the Sweepstakes Chairperson. He/she will report results quarterly in the Hollander.
15. The HLRSC Executive Board's interpretation of the Sweepstakes Rules will be binding on all shows.
It is YOUR responsibility to check your points in each issue of the Hollander.
It is YOUR responsibility to contact the Sweepstakes Chairperson, Debra
Sandoval, to discuss any possible errors made. It is also your responsibility to
make sure the shows you enter are sanctioned, as wins in non- sanctioned shows
DO NOT receive sweepstakes points. Make sure that you show under the SAME NAME
at every show throughout the sweepstakes year. Contact Debra Sandoval
email@example.com with any questions you may have concerning your points.
Debra can also be contacted at the addresses and phone listed in the front of the Hollander.
At the HLRSC Executive Meeting on 10-23-05, A motion was made and passed to
change the sweepstakes year to
January 1 thru December 31. This will go into effect starting July 1, 2005 and
end on December 31, 2006. This one sweepstakes year will be increased by 6