Hot Weather Tips
by Debbie Hadley
- Freeze 2 liter soda bottles and put them in with the
rabbit to lay against. They can be frozen over and over
- Use a soaker hose on the roof of the cage, or wet the
ground under the cages with a hose, this will lower the
temperature by ten degrees.
- Soak a gunny sack (it breaths) and put it in with the
- Use a fan to promote air movement, but not directly
toward the rabbit.
- Use ice blocks for rabbits in their cages to lay on or
- If all else fails, take the rabbit from the outside to a
bathtub lines with newspapers. It is the coolest place in
the house, and the rabbit can't get out, and the tub is
easy to clean.
HLRSC Official Guidebook - 5th Edition 2002